Bedding (already purchased) is Camilla from Pottery Barn. I recently told my mom that perhaps one day, I can still doctor while working a few days a month at PB or Williams-Sonoma to get the discount they offer their employees. I think it would be TOTALLY worth it!

Drapes, also courtesy of PB, are the Peyton Linen drapes in Faded Rose. We have 2 windows in this room, and the hardware still has to be picked out.

And finally, the paint color...Pashmina from Benjamin Moore.

Now, I have yet to paint the walls. I wanted the floors to be finished so that there were no spills on the newly exposed bare hardwoods. The walls in our 1930s home are plaster, so they absorb paint like crazy! I have to do 2 coats no matter what happens or what the color is. We tried the paint with primer in the dining room, which also required 2 coats, so I am just giving up on trying to get done in one sweep.
We still have lots to do on the room, but I am so ready for it to be done. It is actually our favorite bedroom in the house. Large and airy with lots of natural light.
To do still:
1) finish sanding and repair floor damage
2) Apply pre-conditioner
3) Stain (and pick stain!)
4) Paint
5) Find a bed...Marc and I moved from a 2 bedroom condo to a technically 5 bedroom house, although we will just have 3 bedrooms set up right now (1 bedroom in basement which we won't use until we remodel the basement and 1 bedroom upstairs that is now our office), so we just have 2 beds and must save $$ for a third!
6) Find additional furniture to go with whatever bed we pick out.
7) DECORATE!
8) Pick out hardware for the curtains!
Lots left to do. Marc and I hope to have our house in order (including getting all the boxes out of the living room) by Christmas so we can decorate appropriately! We will have lots of projects left, but all are long-term. We plan to do a complete kitchen/family room renovation, remodel the basement, remodel the 3 season porch to make it an all-season room, and eventually extend the back bedroom and add an additional bathroom upstairs...seems like if we do all these things, we will make this a more permanent home! We love this neighborhood, and if all pans out 4 years from now, I can see us staying in this house for a while.
After the floor, next project...bathroom remodel (shouldn't be too bad!)
We are going to keep the floor, rip the tiles from the wall and put up some woodwork, re-tile shower with marble tiles, and likely get a new vanity so we have some workspace, which will likely result in getting rid of the built-in make-up counter? at the back of the bathroom. This project is next, and I really think it will be much easier than the floor. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Help us!!

How is the list comming along?!
ReplyDelete